Main objective of this article is to get understanding about some important events about DHA Quetta Smart City. When you read this article you must have following understandings.
1) How and when DHA Quetta incorporated. And what are functions of its Executive body, governing body and management.
2) Where is head office of DHA Quetta and where are its regional offices located.
3) When process of hiring of staff was started.
4) Functions and abilities of Pre Qualification of Town Planning Consulting firms/companies for Smart City Phase 1
5) Why/When Design Competition of Grand Entrance Gate was conducted and what features this Grand Entrance Gate is offering to valuable customers.
6) What is Controlled Area of DHA Quetta in “THE BALOUCHISTAN GAZATTE” dated 30 may 2018.
7) What are features of Service Benefits Allocation Scheme 9 2019 Dha Quetta Smart City Phase 1
8) Is DHA Quetta, presently offering Verification and Intimation services and what measures are required for these services.
9) When work on development of Sectors A,B,C,D and Expressways will start of DHA Quetta Smart City Phase 1
The bill of “The Defence Housing Authority Quetta” was passed by Balouchistan Provincial Assembly on 2nd October, 2015 and journey of DHA Quetta Smart City Phase 1 smoothly started/ commenced.
For the sake of understanding of valuable and respectable customers complete details of Act are shared as under.
BALOCHISTAN PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY SECRETARIAT
N O T I F I C A T I O N.
Dated Quetta, 2nd October, 2015
No.PAB/Legis:V (20)/2015. The Defense Housing Authority Quetta Bill 2015 (Bill No 20 of 2015), having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan on 1st October, 2015 and assented to by the Governor, Balochistan on 2nd October, 2015 is hereby published as an Act of Balochistan Provincial Assembly.
The Defence Housing Authority Quetta Act,2015
Act No.XI of 2015
To establish the Defence Housing Authority Quetta.
a. Defence Housing Authority Quetta, belonging to everyone, will provide quality, well organized and secure living / working to everyone from Balochistan irrespective of colour, caste and creed.
b. Defence Housing Authority Quetta will also serve for carrying out schemes and projects of land development inter alia for the welfare of the bereaved families of martyrs, war injured, disabled and other persons of the defence forces to boost their morale, to provide financial security in recognition of their selfless services for the defence of the nation and to provide for ancillary matters.
c. Affording ample opportunities for the people of Balochistan to generate significant economic activity and contribute in the overall peace endeavors of the government at national level in general and provincial level in particular.
2. Short Title and Commencement:
a. This Act may be called the Defence Housing Authority Quetta Act 2015.
b. It extends to specified area of Quetta and other Districts of Balochistan.
c. It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect from 28th Feb,2015.
In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject
a. “Administrator” The Administrator shall be serving or retired officer not below the rank of Brigadier, duly appointed by the Chief of Army Staff, who Shall perform such functions as may be assigned to him by the Governing Body.
b. “Authority” means the Defence Housing Authority Quetta established under this Act.
c. “Chairman” means the Chairman of the Governing Body.
d. “Club” means any Club owned / or operated by Defence Housing Authority Quetta.
e. “Executive Board” means the executive Board constituted under this Act.
f. “Governing Body” means the Governing Body constituted under this Act.
g. “Government” means the Government of the Balochistan Province
h. “Prescribed” means prescribed by rules or regulations made under this Act
. i. “President” means President of the Executive Board.
j. “Project” means any project of housing or development of land undertaken or planned by the Authority.
k. “Controlled area” means area notified as such by the Authority, within the Province.
I. “Member” means a member of the Authority and includes its Chairman.
m. “Regulations” means regulations made under this Act.
n. “Rules” means rules made under this Act.
o. “Scheme” means any financial scheme or development scheme undertaken, planned or made by the Authority, under this Act.
p. “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Authority.
q. “Specified areas” means all land that may be purchased or procured or acquired by, or leased to the Authority in any area of Quetta and other districts of Balochistan, as may be notified by the Authority, after the commencement of this Act.
4. Establishment of the Authority: –
a. As soon as may be after the commencement of this Act, there shall be established an Authority to be known as the Defence Housing Authority Quetta.
b. The Authority shall be a body corporate, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire and hold property and to enter into contracts and may by the said name sue and be sued.
c. The Head office of the Authority will be at Quetta.
5. Management: –
a. The general direction and administration of the affairs of the Authority shall vest in the Governing Body which shall consist of:-
(1) The Commander Southern Command – Chairman Quetta
(2) Adjutant General / Representative , ex- – Member Adjutant General’s Branch, General Headquarters
(3) Chief Secretary Balochistan Province – Member
(4) The Administrator – Member
(5) The Secretaries to the Government of – Member Balochistan Province Law and Housing Departments
(6) The Secretary of the Authority – Member/ Secretary
(7) Two co-opted members, to be – Member nominated by the Chairman.
b. The Governing Body shall: –
(1) Review the progress and activities of the Authority.
(2) Lay down policy for the guidance of the Executive Board.
(3) Consider and approve the budget and audit reports of the Authority.
(4) Transact such other business of the Authority as the Executive Board may place before it.
c. There shall be an Executive Board consisting of:-
(1) Commander Southern President Command Quetta
(2) The Administrator of the Authority Member
(3) Two members to be nominated by Member the president i.e. Commander Southern Command Quetta.
(4) The Secretary of the Authority. Member/ Secretary
d. The Executive Board shall, subject to the control of the Governing Body exercise all powers and do all acts and things which may be exercised or done by the Authority.
e. No act proceedings of the Governing Body or the Executive Board shall be invalid merely by reason of any vacancy in or defect in the constitution thereof.
6. Powers, Duties and Functions of Executive Board.
a. Subject to other provisions of this Act, the Executive Board may take such measures and exercise such powers as may be necessary for carrying out the purposes of the Act.
b. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, the Executive Board may:-
(1) Acquire any land in accordance with the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (Act I of 1894) in the Balochistan Province.
(2) Undertaken any works in pursuance of any scheme or project.
(3) Incur any expenditure.
(4) Procure plant, machinery, equipment, instrument and necessary material.
(5) Impose, recover, alter, vary or enhance development charges, installments, cost of apartments housing units of the Scheme, commercial projects and transfer fees and other charges in respect of an property, plot or project within the area of the Authority.
(6) Enter into contracts or any type of arrangements with any local or foreign entity for carrying out the purpose of this act and Government rules on the subject will be observed.
(7) Plan, develop and execute new developments and projects through joint ventures with local and international agencies, institutions and individuals.
(8) Pass / approve the design, drawing / map of apartments, housing units and buildings etc within the area of the Authority.
(9) Plan, approve and execute mergers and amalgamations with other adjoining housing schemes or cooperative housing societies that may be considered expedient for the overall growth of the Authority but subject to the approval of the Governing Body.
(10) Lease, purchase / procure, sell, exchange, mortgage, rent out or otherwise dispose of any land / property vested in the Authority.
(11) Cancel or re-plan any housing, commercial or amenity unit, its planned housing project or Scheme either in default of payment of installments called for, or in violation of any terms and conditions, for such project or scheme by all allottees, transferees or lessees.
(12) Do all such acts, deeds and things that may be necessary or expedient for the purpose of proper planning and development of the Specified Area.
(13) Make with the prior approval of Governing Body, rules and regulations relating to the terms and conditions of service of employees, staff and Consultants of the Authority.
(14) No master plan, planning or development scheme shall be prepared by any local body or agency for the specified area without prior consultation with, and approval of the Executive Board.
7. Annual Report and Accounts. The Executive Board shall submit to the Governing Body, as soon as may be at the end of every financial year but before the thirty first day of December next following, a general report on its affairs including accounts, balance sheet and audit report for the financial year.
8. Power of the Executive Board to Borrow. Subject to the Government rules and guidelines, the Executive Board may obtain loans for purposes of generating capital for its Schemes.
9. Meeting of the Governing Body and the Executive Board. The governing Body and the Executive Board shall meet at such place and in such manner as may be prescribed.
10. Delegation of Powers. The Governing Body, the Executive Board and the Administrator may delegate to any person all or any of their functions under this Act.
11. Act to Over-ride Other Laws. This act shall have effect not withstanding any thing contained in other law for the time being in force.
12. Committees. The Authority may constitute such committees as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions and assign to such Committees such functions as it may deem necessary.
13. Functions of the Authority. The Authority may do all such acts and things as may be necessary for the planning and development of and for providing and regulating housing facilities in the area notified by the Government.
14. Municipal functions: – a Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify that the Authority may exercise and perform such powers and functions for the specified area as a municipal administration may exercise and perform in relation to municipal functions under the law for the time being in force. B No master plan, planning or development scheme shall be prepared to any local body or agency for the specified area without prior consultation with, and approval of the Executive Board.
15. Power to cancel Allotment. The Governing Body or the Executive Body may cancel, revoke or rescind any allotment, transfer, license, lease or agreement in respect of any plot or scheme in the specified area if the allottee, transferee, licensee or lessee fails to pay the dues or installments including development charges in respect of such plot, piece of land or housing unit within three months from the date of receipt of the demand in writing or within such extended time as the Governing Body or the Executive Board may, in special case fix and thereupon the plot or the housing unit, with or without construction thereon, shall be resumed and vest in the Authority.
16. Authority fund: a. There shall be a fund to be known as “The Defence Housing Authority Quetta Fund”, which shall be credited all moneys received by the Authority. b. The fund shall be kept in such custody and shall be utilized and regulated in such manner as may be prescribed.
17. Budget audit and accounts. The budget of the Authority shall be approved and its accounts shall be maintained and audited in such manner as may be prescribed under the rules.
18. Recovery of sums due to the Authority. Any sum payable to the Authority shall be recoverable as land revenue.
19. Acquisition of land:- The acquisition of any land or any interest in land for the purposes of the Authority shall be deemed to be an acquisition for a “Public Purpose” within the meaning of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (I of 1894).
20. Appointment of officers, staff etc. The Executive Board appoint such persons in its service as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed.
21. Employees to be public servants. All persons acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any provisions of this Act shall be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860.
22. Conversion of property to a different use. Any conversion of property to a different use or purpose than the one provided under a scheme prepared by the Authority by a person, without the previous approval of the Authority in writing, shall be punishable with fine which may extend to two thousand rupees per day from the date of its conversion till the default continues or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months or with both.
23. Removal of building, etc, erected or used in contravention of this Act: a. If any building, structure, work or land is erected, constructed or used in contravention of the provisions of this Act or any rules, regulations or orders made there under, the Authority or any person in control of such building, structure, work or land to remove, demolish or alter the building, structure or work or to use it in such manner as may bring such erection, construction or use in accordance with the provisions of this Act. b. If an order under sub-section (1) in respect of any building, structure, work or land is not complied with within such time as may be specified therein, the Authority or any person authorized by it in this behalf may, after giving the person concerned an opportunity of being heard, remove, demolish or alter the building structure or work, or stop the use of the land, and in so doing, may use such force as may be necessary and may also recover the cost thereof from the person responsible for the erection, construction or use of the building structure, work or land in contravention of the provisions as aforesaid.
24. Indemnity. No suit or legal proceedings shall lie against the Authority, the Governing Body, the Executive Board, the Administrator, or any of their members, or employees of the Authority for any things done or purported to have been done by them in good faith under this Act, the rules or the regulations made there under.
25. Rules. Government may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
26. Regulations. The Authority may make regulations not inconsistent with this Act and the rules, for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
27. Removal of difficulties. If any difficulty arises in giving effect to any provision of Act, Government may give such directions as it may consider necessary for the removal of such difficulty.
Establishment of DHA QUETTA Head Office
After the approval of act from provisional Assembly of Baluchistan, there would be established an Authority to be known as the Defence Housing Authority Quetta and the head office of the Authority was established at Quetta and now presently this office is fully functional.
Advertisement in News Paper for Hiring of Staff for DHA Quetta dated 17 July 2017.
After the establishment of governing body, executive board and management, DHA Quetta made an advisement in the news paper to hire the required staff for the head office. Presently all necessary staff has been hired and they are working for DHA Quetta.
Pre Qualification of Town Planning Consulting firms/companies For Smart City Phase 1
Management of DHA Quetta is committed to build first ever most advanced, state of the art, high-tech self sustained , environmental friendly, with superior town planning, hygienically controlled residency where people feel secure, conservation of environment & energy, provision of medical facilities, provision of deep rooted educational infrastructure and futureistically developed secured & superior housing scheme when comparison is made with other societies in the country. Therefore, DHA Quetta made an advertisement in news paper as they intends to engage the services of town planning Consulting Firms for the development of master plan and designing of DHA Quetta. Expression of interest and Prequalification from the firms registered with PCATP/PEC or with other relevant professional institutes if required by law otherwise was required. This process has been completed and consulting firms are hired by the DHA Quetta. The firms presently has scope of the works as under to successfully develop the scheme.
Scope of work of consulting firms is as follow.
1) Topographic survey as to locate all surfaces features of a property, and depicts all natural features and elevations.
2) Knowing techniques of information gathering and data collection
3) Conceptual land use planning
a) Deep knowledge about Generalized land use distribution of project
b) Major serculation pattern and proposal for efficient accessibility to the scheme
4) Detaied layout planning for the scheme
5) Detailed knowledge and understanding about Design of services related to the decipline off artecture , cevil , structure, MAP, sanitation and HVAC Engineering, Fire Protection, IT, Telecommunication, Rain Water harvesting and interior designing etc.
6) Horticulture and Water Resource Management Plans including creation of small water storage dams in mountains area.
7) Preparation of Financial and technical appertains of the projects covering scope of Town Planning services and phasing plans of scheme.
Now everyone can easily understand about the commitment and dedication of work of management toward the housing scheme.
Notification of Declaration of Controlled Area of DHA Quetta in “THE BALOUCHISTAN GAZATTE” dated 30 may 2018
Notification under Article 6 read with Article 3(k),14 &19 of the Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Act (Act No.XI of 2015) dated 2 October 2015
In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 6 read with all other enabling provisions of the Act, and in order to carry out the purposes of the Act, with the consent and approval of Government of Baluchistan, the Executive Board of Defense Housing Authority Quetta is pleased to declare limits/ boundaries of Controlled Area prospectively to be acquired for carrying out planning and development of its projects for public purpose i.e. Specified Area to be.” The limits of the area for future planning/ development for DHA Quetta are given here in below. Approximately 8000 acers area has been acquired by DHA and they intend to build the society at reasonable scale and at manageable size. They intend to build society up to 50000 acres.
Operations of DHA Quetta Facilitation Offices to accommodate the Customers
On 3rd February 2019, DHA Quetta advertised in news paper for opening of regional offices but presently, they are operating FACILATION OFFICES for their valued customers to seek information regarding Verifications, Transfers and issue of other documents such as Intimation and Allocation Letters etc. These offices are available at main head office Quetta and regional offices situated at Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi to serve the customers. All interested individuals and dealers may get all services from all offices mentioned above during business hours.
Design Competition for Grand Entrance Gate of DHA Quetta Phase 1 Smart City
Always keep in mind that Dha Quetta intend to create state of the art project in Quetta, therefore , they held a design competition for grand entrance gate of Dha Quetta and provided an opportunity and chance to creative designers to showcase their talent and bring their creativity to life. Most creative and unique designs was short listed for the project presentations and the winner was awarded with the cash price. Following essential features were incorporated in design of grand entrance gate area such as,
Availability of essential services such as Fuel Station, Reception Complex, Waiting Lounge, Cafeteria/Restaurant, Departmental Store, Tuck Shop, Roof Top BBQ Area, DHA Marketing and Site Office, Parking Lot, Prayer Hall, Mail and Cargo Points, Bus Terminals, Luggage Scanning Areas, Showrooms, Joy Land,Pedestrian Entry and Exit Point, Emergency Services Areas, Public Wash Rooms, Separate and Exclusive options for Dha members and guests/ visitors etc.
Presently, the work on DHA Quetta Phase 1 Grande Entrance is on full swing and the project will be completed in maximum 18 months time and before the end of financial year 2021.
Service Benefits Allocation Scheme 9 2019 Dha Quetta Smart City Phase 1 is as under
Confirmation Letters to service Benefit Allottees have been dispatched. Schedule of payments for Service Benefit Allottees would be issued once approved by GHQ. As yet members are requested to forward duly filled in Membership Form along with the original payment receipt of HBL (retain a photocopy with yourself and include an additional photocopy for DHA Quetta) to Manager Allocation (Service Benefit Section). Fees are required to be deposited in DHA HBL Account Number 0008997900279503.
Service Benefit Membership is 15000 for residential and 30000 for commercial which is 50% of regular Membership Fee. Regular Membership fee for Commercial plot is 60,000/- and that for Residential Category is Rs 30,000/-.
Timely renewal of Membership within two years will, however, be a mandatory.
ISSUE OF INTIMATION LETTER ALONG WITH VERIFICATION PROCESS
DHA Quetta is also resuming process of Intimation Letters with effect from 11 May 2020. Following must be ensured: –
- Only minimum essential staff to be utilized for the purpose.
- Appointment on telephone / mobile must be obtained.
- Intimation letters will be processed Only through DHA Quetta Registered Dealers.
- Only one party will be allowed inside office at any one time.
- Customers must come to DHA Office with required documents complete in all respect along with paid challan.
- If approached by any customer without appointment, will be given next available slot.
- All necessary precautions regarding Social Distancing / Corona Prevention will be ensured by all concerned.
- All papers/ documents be handled with gloves on.
Tender Notice for Construction of Dha Quetta Smart City Phase 1 for Express Way and Sectors A,B,C and D
Finally, the dream of state of the art project is going to be reality as Defence Housing Authority Quetta is going to undertake the construction of Dha Quetta Smart City Phase 1 Express way and Sectors A,B,C and D and advertised in news paper to invite experienced, or reputable firms/ developers having valid licence of Pakistan Engineering Council, to submit financial and technical proposals before 12 June 2020 duly completed with all aspects.
Now, it is very clear that DHA Quetta Smart City Phase 1 is going to be developed in near future and development work is going to be started in 2020.